Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week Three: Getting off track and then back on.


I have two months of severe austerity, so I am about 1/4 of the way through the two roughest months for my budget: January and February. Now, I will be the first to admit that 100$ for food a week with my husband doing some milk and bread runs is not severe to many people living in poverty, but with four people in my home, it feels like a challenge.

A challenge that I failed when I went 30$ over my grocery budget. The consequence of that is that next week I will only have 60$ for food shopping. I am disappointed in myself because my budget overage could have been prevented if I had made my own bagels instead of buying them, and if I had gone in the store by myself instead of with the kids. I lost count of how much my total was and went over. Also, I went out for a coffee (2.11$) and got 11$ pizza takeout on Friday because I was done, done, done with cooking.

I already told my husband that I needed his help to cook a meal toward the end of the week, so that should help. My goal for this afternoon is to make bauguettes and a big pot of chili for Tuesday night. Also, I need to spot clean the house.

I was feeling sorry for myself that the cleaner is not coming until March, and I have zero cash, but after talking to my dad about what it took for him to pay his way through school and become a finical powerhouse, I feel better. It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice; it is a lifestyle and a commitment.

I am strong; I am a hard worker, and I am committed. My post next week will be a success story of staying in budget and doing my biweekly home deep clean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment