Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week Five: My Debt Breakdown and my personal breakdown involving a hotel room

403B 2656.50 (House stuff)
Lowe's 4476.23 (Fridge and wood blinds)
My dad 1000 (travel)
Chase 30.28 (Chinese Food)

Total 8163.01 Better, but still in the red. 

Amex Paid in Full 2278.80   (Insurance that I failed to save for)

This week I got paid, and the account balance went to my head a bit. I did really well on the groceries, and I even have 26$ bucks left over for a mid week store stop, but I got crazy.

I have an interview in Houston next month and I booked a 400$ hotel room, so my husband freaked out, and I cancelled it. I am insane, and I am so glad my better half kept me on track. I just am a little unhappy and then I think this will make me feel better, so then I am even more unhappy. It is a stupid cycle.

We are going to stay with a friend in Galveston, then drive to the interview super early in the AM. Hopefully the whole trip will be under 200$ with gas and food.

I don't have this in the budget for this month, but this is a great opportunity, so we decided to go for it! I have 300$ set up to deposit in my travel account at the end of March, so I will use that to pay off the charges I make toward the trip. There are only three more weeks in my super frugal austerity budget, so I need to stay focused on that. March will be easier.

Here are the estimated trip costs:

60$ in Gas
80$ in Food
20$ Gift for my friend's birthday
Total: 160$


It is not ideal, but here we are. I made bad choices in the past, and even tried to do it again with the fancy hotel. So this is a needed trip, and I have to pony up the cash like it or lump it.

Frugal things:
We went to the library yesterday.
I have a really great food week planned and can do most of the cooking this weekend!
I will make my friend a cake and take her a lasagna and a small gift for her birthday.
We will take our small car for the trip.
Our coffee maker broke, so we will ask for a replacement part where I bought it instead of buying a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment